2. QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma (2,469 yards, 21 TDs, Three INTs passing; 801 yards, 13 TDs speeding). The Sooners quarterback had produced stellar numbers as a graduate switch. If the Sooners can get on a roll this month, it’s laborious to consider he received’t be a minimum of a Heisman finalist as long as he stays wholesome. (LW: 2)
Three. QB Justin Fields, Ohio State (1,659 yards, 24 TDs, 1 INT passing; 319 yards, nine TDs speeding). The Buckeyes face Maryland and Rutgers the following two weeks, which may well be just right or dangerous for Fields’s hopes. He will get a shot on the Giant Ten’s two worst overall defenses, however it’s cheap to surprise simply how lengthy he’ll be in to pad his numbers towards both suffering group. (LW: Three)
Four. QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama (2,166 yards, 27 TDs, 2 INTs passing; 30 yards, 2 TDs speeding). Such a lot hinges now not on how neatly Tagovailoa performs, however whether or not he performs in any respect towards LSU just about 3 weeks after present process ankle surgical treatment. (LW: Four)
Five. DE Chase Younger, Ohio State (29 tackles, 15.Five tackles for losses, 13.Five sacks, Five compelled fumbles). Younger will take a seat out Saturday’s sport towards Maryland as a result of a conceivable NCAA factor. An multiweek absence would severely harm his possibilities of even turning into a Heisman finalist. (LW: Five)
6. RB Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State (1,604 yards, 18 TDs speeding; nine receptions for 40 yards). The Canadian had 20 carries for 223 yards and two touchdowns in closing week’s defeat of TCU. That’s 4 200-yard video games this season for Hubbard, who strikes up a place for his stellar appearing. (LW: 7)
7. QB Justin Herbert, Oregon (2,329 yards, 24 TDs, 2 INTs passing). Helped the Geese drop 56 issues on Southern Cal closing week. Herbert and Oregon (Eight-1, Five-1 Percent-12) are idle this weekend earlier than proceeding their playoff push towards Arizona on Nov. 16. (LW: 6)
It’s that point once more
Past due October and early November yearly convey two reminders.
One is to set clocks again an hour again to plain time as sunlight saving time ends.
ESPN spent some huge cash for the rights to the playoff and the whole thing surrounding it, so it’s comprehensible why it will make a weekly business for its protection and plop the committee’s rating in the course of the display as its centerpiece.
However that doesn’t imply everybody will have to be anxious about it. To study: An undefeated power-conference group isn’t lacking the playoff (and if it one way or the other does, it’s going to be a large nudge towards an expanded area). A one-loss power-conference group could have a possibility. A two-loss power-conference group will desire a chaotic season (and most definitely a league identify, too) to have a possibility.
With some other 4 common season Saturdays plus the week of convention championship video games, it’s nonetheless a lot to early to put an excessive amount of inventory within the committee’s opinion of an in-progress season.
5 with probably the most at stake in Week 11
1. Minnesota. It’s showtime for the Eight-Zero Golden Gophers, whose loaded November agenda starts with a seek advice from from fellow unbeaten Penn State. There’s a sturdy case to be made Minnesota’s maximum spectacular victory thus far got here towards Illinois, which could be extra unexpected than the truth that P.J. Fleck’s group is undefeated.
The Gophers are nonetheless a believable playoff group, however they’ll be examined within the coming weeks. Penn State is most definitely the most important problem this month, and we’ll know much more about Minnesota’s rugged group through midafternoon Saturday.
2. Penn State. The Nittany Lions (Eight-Zero) are just a little extra examined than Minnesota, due to victories over Iowa, Michigan and Pittsburgh. All have been one-possession video games, however Penn State stays on course for what is usually a conflict of 10-Zero groups Nov. 23 at Ohio State.
After all, the Nittany Lions wish to get thru their go back and forth to Minneapolis (and a date with Indiana subsequent week) for the assembly with the Buckeyes to stay probably the most month’s maximum hyped video games. That isn’t going to be simple.
3a. Alabama and 3b. LSU. Each SEC West powers have regarded the phase right through this season. Alabama has received all 8 of its video games through a minimum of 19 issues. LSU has had a couple of harder checks (beating Texas through seven, Florida through 14 and Auburn through 3) but in addition handled a harder agenda.
Each the winner and the loser could have an obtrusive playoff trail. A 13-Zero SEC champion is a great wager to be the highest seed. However an 11-1 Alabama or LSU, in particular one with an in depth loss to the opposite, goes to have a case with the committee.
4a. Iowa and 4b. Wisconsin. It’s principally a Giant Ten West eliminator. Each groups are 6-2 total and Three-2 within the Giant Ten, two video games again of Minnesota. And each nonetheless must play the Golden Gophers later this month. Wisconsin, which is coming off back-to-back losses after which an open date, has the home-field benefit on this one.
Five. Oklahoma. The Sooners don’t regularly lose to Iowa State; it’s took place six occasions in 83 conferences, together with simply two times since 1961. However a type of got here in Norman two years in the past, and the Cyclones (Five-Three, Three-2 Giant 12) may just derail Oklahoma’s playoff hopes. The Sooners (7-1, Four-1), who misplaced to Kansas State on Oct. 26 and have been off closing weekend, wish to win out to stick in competition for a semifinal slot.